Skip to main content

THE NEW E&E Training Method!!!!!

It appears that with the extreme popularity of Metabolic Training, many trainers have forgot their purpose for training.  Trainers are starting to just throw a bunch of crazy exercises together and calling it Metabolic Training. Sadly, there is no rhyme or reason for the exercise selection, other than to make the people sweat like crazy and fail to finish. Have we forgotten our purpose at trainers? We are suppose to make people feel better about themselves and enjoy happy and healthy lives. They should walk out of the gym feeling great and ready to take on the day. They should not crawl out of the gym  barely able to lift their arms and walking like they just got off a horse.  This is the same thought process that scares people away from exercise and makes them think its to hard for them to stay in shape. People have talked about the economy and how the middle class is gone. There is just rich people and poor people. I feel the same is happening in fitness. The average person is slowly fading. Now its just fit people and fat people.  And mindless training is causing this divide. 

I believe our training should be Efficient and Effective. There should be a purpose for every exercise you do with a client and every exercise should be aimed at reaching the clients goal. If your client is a high school soccer player who wants to be faster, do you really think doing 1,000 squats in a session is a smart idea? Does anyone remember the term Overtraining? When we do not think about what we are doing with exercises, we tend to overtrain people. Many of us are also Overtraining planes of motion. When I write workouts I always ask myself, WHY am i chosing this exercise. If I can not justify the use of it, i dont use it.  Ok, let me back track here and get back to the E&E training. 

Efficient- Achieving maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort or expense. 
I love it when parents walk into a session while im done working with an athlete and they say, "It doesn't look like their working that hard." . The reason it doesn't appear they are working hard is because I like to focus on their mechanics. If they can make their body more efficient, it will be able to work longer and the athlete will be more productive on the field. Wasted energy to me is one of the biggest issue with young athletes now and days. Just watch the Olympic Sprinters if you dont believe me. It looks like they are running effortlessly and its all because they have perfect running mechanics. They are super efficient! 

Effective- Adequate to accomplish a purpose; producing the intended or expected result. 
The definition says it all. Your clients come to you for an expected result. Are your workouts geared towards that result?  Do your exercises have a purpose or do they just look cool? I will be the first to admit that I add fun and many times pointless exercises into my session but only after I have done all my Necessary exercises. There is a long and very in depth reason I do this but the short reason is that it keeps it FUN for my younger clients. 

Am I anti Metabolic Training? HELL NO! I love it and use it all the time. I am however Anti mindless decisions for exercise selection. Put some thought into what you are doing and have a Purpose for every exercise you choose to use during your session. Try and always ask yourself, Am I being Efficient and Effective. If the answer is No, you may need to make some changes.

FYI- Please ignore the title of the blog. It was just used as an eye cather. Hopefully it was effective, ha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the NEXT STEP

Taking the NEXT STEP!! Im sure we have all reached a  point in our lives where we know its time to take that next step, next level, begin the next chapter in our life. It is by far  one of the scariest times for all of us. The point where we realize everything we have ever done has led us to THIS! This is our moment to shine and like Eminem says, " You only get one shot, do not miss your chance blow. Opportunity comes once in a life.".  The one scary thing is, you know after THIS moment, nothing will ever be the same.  Once you cross THIS line, you can not go back.  THIS is it and the pressure is on. They say, "Pressure bust pipes, but It can also make diamonds.", only you can decide what it does to you.  We all get to THIS moment, but few rise to the occasion. Few feel the fear and keep walking forward.  You can either step into greatness or step back into comfort.  Many will choose to step down and let THIS moment pass them by. Once they do that, the rest of t

Positive Attracts Positive

Ever hang around some negative people or in a negative environment? How did you feel during and after you had left? Did you feel drained of energy and just not happy about the situation you were currently in? Guess what.. your attitude, drive and passion effects others around you. If you create that positive energy and always surround yourself with positive, upbeat, driven people, you can only find more success in life. Being surrounded by my Flo Family along with everyone else such as Patrick Lerouge (www.revivetm.com) or Paul Newell (www.balancedwellness.org), I started to see my true potential and what I am truly capable of. They bring out the best in me because of their positive energy. They believe I can do it and push me to my limits. Even when I feel so uncomfortable with doing something, such as speaking in front of a group... they pushed me knowing that I could do it. I would have never seen myself get this far into my career without the Flo Family. I have learned so much, m

Are you brave enough for a COLD SHOWER?

Why I Take Cold Showers And You Should Too For the past three years I’ve taken a cold shower almost every single day. You might think I’m crazy and at first; trust me, at first I thought I was too. But hold your judgment, hear me out, give it a try and then you can thank me. What are the benefits of cold showers? 1.     Improve Mood A 2007 study looked at how cold showers affected people with depression. Here is what the authors of the study hypothesized: “Exposure to cold is known to activate the sympathetic nervous system and increase the blood level of beta-endorphin and noradrenaline and to increase synaptic release of noradrenaline in the brain as well. Additionally, due to the high density of cold receptors in the skin, a cold shower is expected to send an overwhelming amount of electrical impulses from peripheral nerve endings to the brain, which could result in an anti-depressive effect.” The study ended up finding that cold showers of 2-3 minutes helpe