Skip to main content

Give to give, not to Get

So today we just finished our 3rd Mentor Program and FLO Fitness. It has been an awesome experience to work with motivated trainers looking to get better at training. It inspired me to write todays blog on giving for the sake of giving. We always here the saying, "Give and you shall receive". This is very true but it does not mean, give and wait and demand that you get something back. When we started our mentor program we wanted to help trainers not make the same mistakes that we/I made in this industry. To often people who become trainers are self absorbed and think they know everything. I know because I must admit thinking this a some point in my career. However the one thing I have learned is that the more you learn, the more you realize you know nothing. I have met soooooo many smart people who make me feel dumb all the time and it is humbling and awesome at the same time. It gives me something to look forward to learning.
I heard Dr. Miles Monroe say, "A true leader is someone who makes himself increasingly unnecessary." I do believe this is true. If you give enough of yourself and help people realize their greatness you will no longer need to be around for them to shine. Once you have reached a certain level in life you should become a candle. Meaning, you sacrifice yourself to light the path for others (I forgot where i got the quote from but I love it). I know in my life I am blessed that my parents have guided me and put some of their dreams on hold so that I could shine. They planted the seeds and now I am the tree and one day my children will be the fruit. So remember Give To Give, Not to Get!

-FLO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the NEXT STEP

Taking the NEXT STEP!! Im sure we have all reached a  point in our lives where we know its time to take that next step, next level, begin the next chapter in our life. It is by far  one of the scariest times for all of us. The point where we realize everything we have ever done has led us to THIS! This is our moment to shine and like Eminem says, " You only get one shot, do not miss your chance blow. Opportunity comes once in a life.".  The one scary thing is, you know after THIS moment, nothing will ever be the same.  Once you cross THIS line, you can not go back.  THIS is it and the pressure is on. They say, "Pressure bust pipes, but It can also make diamonds.", only you can decide what it does to you.  We all get to THIS moment, but few rise to the occasion. Few feel the fear and keep walking forward.  You can either step into greatness or step back into comfort.  Many will choose to step down and let THIS moment pass them by. Once they do that, the rest of t

Positive Attracts Positive

Ever hang around some negative people or in a negative environment? How did you feel during and after you had left? Did you feel drained of energy and just not happy about the situation you were currently in? Guess what.. your attitude, drive and passion effects others around you. If you create that positive energy and always surround yourself with positive, upbeat, driven people, you can only find more success in life. Being surrounded by my Flo Family along with everyone else such as Patrick Lerouge (www.revivetm.com) or Paul Newell (www.balancedwellness.org), I started to see my true potential and what I am truly capable of. They bring out the best in me because of their positive energy. They believe I can do it and push me to my limits. Even when I feel so uncomfortable with doing something, such as speaking in front of a group... they pushed me knowing that I could do it. I would have never seen myself get this far into my career without the Flo Family. I have learned so much, m

Are you brave enough for a COLD SHOWER?

Why I Take Cold Showers And You Should Too For the past three years I’ve taken a cold shower almost every single day. You might think I’m crazy and at first; trust me, at first I thought I was too. But hold your judgment, hear me out, give it a try and then you can thank me. What are the benefits of cold showers? 1.     Improve Mood A 2007 study looked at how cold showers affected people with depression. Here is what the authors of the study hypothesized: “Exposure to cold is known to activate the sympathetic nervous system and increase the blood level of beta-endorphin and noradrenaline and to increase synaptic release of noradrenaline in the brain as well. Additionally, due to the high density of cold receptors in the skin, a cold shower is expected to send an overwhelming amount of electrical impulses from peripheral nerve endings to the brain, which could result in an anti-depressive effect.” The study ended up finding that cold showers of 2-3 minutes helpe