Skip to main content

The Necessity for Growth


The Necessity for Growth



I would like to tell you a story to begin this blog:

            When I first opened FLO, a little over two years, ago a friend of mine named Allie had given me a plant. The plant was in a small little vase filled with rocks. There were three stems with about one leaf growing on each one. At the time I really didn’t think anything of the plant. I just put it on my desk and would water it when I felt it needed water. Today, I noticed that the tips of some of the leaves were dying. It occurred to me that the plant had outgrown the vase it was in. This was so symbolic to me because FLO Fitness has almost outgrown its current location.  The funny part is I never noticed that it had got any bigger; I just kept watering it and would move it from spot to spot.


            Once I removed the plant from the vase I noticed that the roots had grown and it looked like they had fused together. This also was symbolic because the family at FLO is like the roots of the plant. We have all grown with each other and our paths are fused together. We are all separate people and have separate personal goals but we all share a common home (vase).







 To me it was such a monumental moment because the plant sort of symbolizes what has been going on at FLO. We seem to be growing and getting bigger to the point that we may need a bigger space. I have taken the same approach to FLO that I took with the plant. I just keep watering it and nurturing it and really haven’t stop to take notice of how much it has grown. Our blog has over 5,000 views, our YouTube channel has almost 400 subscribers and over 150,000 views, our Facebook group has over 1,100 members, and our family seems to be growing every day. Soon we will need to make some changes, which brings me to my last point.

There is a necessity for growth. You are either growing or your dying. Nothing can stay the same forever. Once you refuse to grow you become stagnant, stale, outdated, and BOOORING! Imagine if you never decided to try and walk. You would be the only person crawling around and it would take you forever to get anywhere. We must maintain the same level of wanting to grow, that we had as children. It is a vital part of life and a part that many of us are missing. We need to learn to not settle for the vase (life situation) we are in. As we grow and evolve as people we must change our surrounding. Once we change our surrounding to a bigger world it will allow for more growth, and as I said at the beginning of this blog. Growth is Necessary!

-FLO






                       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the NEXT STEP

Taking the NEXT STEP!! Im sure we have all reached a  point in our lives where we know its time to take that next step, next level, begin the next chapter in our life. It is by far  one of the scariest times for all of us. The point where we realize everything we have ever done has led us to THIS! This is our moment to shine and like Eminem says, " You only get one shot, do not miss your chance blow. Opportunity comes once in a life.".  The one scary thing is, you know after THIS moment, nothing will ever be the same.  Once you cross THIS line, you can not go back.  THIS is it and the pressure is on. They say, "Pressure bust pipes, but It can also make diamonds.", only you can decide what it does to you.  We all get to THIS moment, but few rise to the occasion. Few feel the fear and keep walking forward.  You can either step into greatness or step back into comfort.  Many will choose to step down and let THIS moment pass them by. Once they do that, the rest of t

Positive Attracts Positive

Ever hang around some negative people or in a negative environment? How did you feel during and after you had left? Did you feel drained of energy and just not happy about the situation you were currently in? Guess what.. your attitude, drive and passion effects others around you. If you create that positive energy and always surround yourself with positive, upbeat, driven people, you can only find more success in life. Being surrounded by my Flo Family along with everyone else such as Patrick Lerouge (www.revivetm.com) or Paul Newell (www.balancedwellness.org), I started to see my true potential and what I am truly capable of. They bring out the best in me because of their positive energy. They believe I can do it and push me to my limits. Even when I feel so uncomfortable with doing something, such as speaking in front of a group... they pushed me knowing that I could do it. I would have never seen myself get this far into my career without the Flo Family. I have learned so much, m

Are you brave enough for a COLD SHOWER?

Why I Take Cold Showers And You Should Too For the past three years I’ve taken a cold shower almost every single day. You might think I’m crazy and at first; trust me, at first I thought I was too. But hold your judgment, hear me out, give it a try and then you can thank me. What are the benefits of cold showers? 1.     Improve Mood A 2007 study looked at how cold showers affected people with depression. Here is what the authors of the study hypothesized: “Exposure to cold is known to activate the sympathetic nervous system and increase the blood level of beta-endorphin and noradrenaline and to increase synaptic release of noradrenaline in the brain as well. Additionally, due to the high density of cold receptors in the skin, a cold shower is expected to send an overwhelming amount of electrical impulses from peripheral nerve endings to the brain, which could result in an anti-depressive effect.” The study ended up finding that cold showers of 2-3 minutes helpe