Skip to main content

Pain Should NOT come with age

Pain should not come with age!

     As I was walking down the hallway today a person stopped me to ask me about nagging pain. He has been having hip pain as well as some other issues. So I told the person that the pain may be coming from somewhere else, most likely and weak core and under active glute.  He then ask me a question that caught me off guard, he said, "Do you have any pains anywhere?"  I had to think for a second and finally replied, "Nope". Than he asked how old I was and I said, "30". Than he said, "Oh thats why. Talk to me when you're 38.".
     That comment stuck with me all day. I kept thinking that pain and age should not go hand in hand. I do understand that the body can not perform at the same level as it use to but that does not mean you should be in pain all the time. I believe pain is a signal your body gives you to let you know that you are doing something wrong. If you are doing nothing wrong, you should not be in pain. That is my theory. If the body is not functioning properly than it will let you know by giving you pain. 
     I began to wonder how many people out there share this mentality. I'm older so that is why I feel pain. There will most likely be aches and minor pains that come with age but being in chronic pain all day every day is no way to live a life. I think the problem is most people don't see their daily live style as a cause of pain. Think about all the stress most people put on their backs just by sitting at a computer all day and typing. That can cause pain. Going to gym and lifting crazy heavy weights in the same exact movement pattern day in and day out can cause lots of pains. I don't buy into the whole, no pain no gain. I think we should be tough and there will be "normal' pain when working out but not the kind of pain that keeps you awake at night. Trust me I have been there and it is not fun. 
     The purpose here is to show you that pain should not come about with age. If you are in chronic pain there is probably a reason and you should seek out someone who can help you to get rid of that pain. Don't just pop pills and think that will solve the problem. My good friend Dr. Perry at Stopchasingpain.com is the great resource. He has helped clients of mine get out of pain.  Another friend of mine Patrick Lerouge from Evolve Therapeutic Massage is a great person to ask about pain as well (livepainfreeprocess.com) They both share a passion for finding out the true cause of your pain and getting rid of it. No matter what age you are, you should be able to say you're pain free. 

For more info on pain free methods of training email us at flofitness@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the NEXT STEP

Taking the NEXT STEP!! Im sure we have all reached a  point in our lives where we know its time to take that next step, next level, begin the next chapter in our life. It is by far  one of the scariest times for all of us. The point where we realize everything we have ever done has led us to THIS! This is our moment to shine and like Eminem says, " You only get one shot, do not miss your chance blow. Opportunity comes once in a life.".  The one scary thing is, you know after THIS moment, nothing will ever be the same.  Once you cross THIS line, you can not go back.  THIS is it and the pressure is on. They say, "Pressure bust pipes, but It can also make diamonds.", only you can decide what it does to you.  We all get to THIS moment, but few rise to the occasion. Few feel the fear and keep walking forward.  You can either step into greatness or step back into comfort.  Many will choose to step down and let THIS moment pass them by. Once they do that, the rest of t

Positive Attracts Positive

Ever hang around some negative people or in a negative environment? How did you feel during and after you had left? Did you feel drained of energy and just not happy about the situation you were currently in? Guess what.. your attitude, drive and passion effects others around you. If you create that positive energy and always surround yourself with positive, upbeat, driven people, you can only find more success in life. Being surrounded by my Flo Family along with everyone else such as Patrick Lerouge (www.revivetm.com) or Paul Newell (www.balancedwellness.org), I started to see my true potential and what I am truly capable of. They bring out the best in me because of their positive energy. They believe I can do it and push me to my limits. Even when I feel so uncomfortable with doing something, such as speaking in front of a group... they pushed me knowing that I could do it. I would have never seen myself get this far into my career without the Flo Family. I have learned so much, m

Are you brave enough for a COLD SHOWER?

Why I Take Cold Showers And You Should Too For the past three years I’ve taken a cold shower almost every single day. You might think I’m crazy and at first; trust me, at first I thought I was too. But hold your judgment, hear me out, give it a try and then you can thank me. What are the benefits of cold showers? 1.     Improve Mood A 2007 study looked at how cold showers affected people with depression. Here is what the authors of the study hypothesized: “Exposure to cold is known to activate the sympathetic nervous system and increase the blood level of beta-endorphin and noradrenaline and to increase synaptic release of noradrenaline in the brain as well. Additionally, due to the high density of cold receptors in the skin, a cold shower is expected to send an overwhelming amount of electrical impulses from peripheral nerve endings to the brain, which could result in an anti-depressive effect.” The study ended up finding that cold showers of 2-3 minutes helpe