Skip to main content

Part 1 of our story of FLO.

'You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.'

I know this is a saying that has been used over and over again  but is it so true that i must say it again.  You need to take action! Chill does not pay the bills. You will never achieve anything if you do not go out and get it.   I will tell you a quick personal story that demonstrates this. 

Back in 2008 I had the idea of a place called FLO Fitness. At the time I was working at Ballys and didn't like it. I wanted to freedom to be creative and not be forced to sell, sell, sell.  So I started the process of getting my business name.  Once I got the name, I had no idea with to do with it. I didnt have money, I didn't have a place, I didn't know what to do for a business. I began to research what my next step should be. I wrote a business plan and started shopping to get a loan so I could open a place. The business plan was terrible and no bank would lend me any money.  I heard a bunch of no's from every angle. I started looking for studio space anyway. I figured that if I happened to get money I should have a place ready.  I found a few nice spots but had no money to put down. All the banks said that i needed to be in business for at least two years before they would loan me money.  My thought was that makes no sense. Why would I ask for a loan if I was already in business. I got so fed up that I just decided to take out a cash advance from my credit card for as much money as possible. BIG BIG Mistake, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I got enough to open up and buy some equipment. I also had enough for the first few months of rent, but that was it.  Anyway the rest is history. I am still in debt because of it but it is worth it to me. The ability to work in and relaxed fun environment is priceless to me. I wouldn't change a thing on this journey. 
The reason I share this story is to show that sometimes you must take the road less traveled.  Just take action and every step will reveal itself. I am no where near the level I want FLO to be but I am a hell of alot closer then if I would have never pursued the idea. There have been some dark times where I don't know where the rent money will come from, but there are also wonderful times when our whole family just has fun.   You must take the good with the bad. "Flowers need water to grow, it has to rain. In order to experience joy, you need pain."

I hope this can help anyone out there who wants to pursue a dream but is scared to fail. You must learn to fail forward. I make mistakes at FLO everyday but we learn from it and instead of going thru it , we grow thru it. One day we will be as big as we have dreamed. We know we must crawl before we run.  You can never go wrong when you follow your heart. 

-FLO 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the NEXT STEP

Taking the NEXT STEP!! Im sure we have all reached a  point in our lives where we know its time to take that next step, next level, begin the next chapter in our life. It is by far  one of the scariest times for all of us. The point where we realize everything we have ever done has led us to THIS! This is our moment to shine and like Eminem says, " You only get one shot, do not miss your chance blow. Opportunity comes once in a life.".  The one scary thing is, you know after THIS moment, nothing will ever be the same.  Once you cross THIS line, you can not go back.  THIS is it and the pressure is on. They say, "Pressure bust pipes, but It can also make diamonds.", only you can decide what it does to you.  We all get to THIS moment, but few rise to the occasion. Few feel the fear and keep walking forward.  You can either step into greatness or step back into comfort.  Many will choose to step down and let THIS moment pass them by. Once they do that, the rest of t

Positive Attracts Positive

Ever hang around some negative people or in a negative environment? How did you feel during and after you had left? Did you feel drained of energy and just not happy about the situation you were currently in? Guess what.. your attitude, drive and passion effects others around you. If you create that positive energy and always surround yourself with positive, upbeat, driven people, you can only find more success in life. Being surrounded by my Flo Family along with everyone else such as Patrick Lerouge (www.revivetm.com) or Paul Newell (www.balancedwellness.org), I started to see my true potential and what I am truly capable of. They bring out the best in me because of their positive energy. They believe I can do it and push me to my limits. Even when I feel so uncomfortable with doing something, such as speaking in front of a group... they pushed me knowing that I could do it. I would have never seen myself get this far into my career without the Flo Family. I have learned so much, m

Are you brave enough for a COLD SHOWER?

Why I Take Cold Showers And You Should Too For the past three years I’ve taken a cold shower almost every single day. You might think I’m crazy and at first; trust me, at first I thought I was too. But hold your judgment, hear me out, give it a try and then you can thank me. What are the benefits of cold showers? 1.     Improve Mood A 2007 study looked at how cold showers affected people with depression. Here is what the authors of the study hypothesized: “Exposure to cold is known to activate the sympathetic nervous system and increase the blood level of beta-endorphin and noradrenaline and to increase synaptic release of noradrenaline in the brain as well. Additionally, due to the high density of cold receptors in the skin, a cold shower is expected to send an overwhelming amount of electrical impulses from peripheral nerve endings to the brain, which could result in an anti-depressive effect.” The study ended up finding that cold showers of 2-3 minutes helpe