Skip to main content

Bigger, Stronger, Faster Documentary

My thoughts about the Documentary  "Bigger, Stronger, Faster"

This was such an eye opening documentary and I highly recommend everyone in the Fitness Industry should watch it.  I must be honest and say that I never really saw steroids as such a big issue. I know people who have taken them, but I never really cared about them. I might be one of the very few people who can care less if someone does it or not. I always say , "what you eat doesn't make me sh$t".  So since it has never directly affected me I never really leaned either way on the issue.  My only issue is when kids under the age of 18 do it. I think that is the only time I am 100% against it. Kids at the high school age are still growing and I don't think it is a good idea to mess with hormones during these tender years. While on the subject of teens and drugs I  personally don't think they should take anything, this includes A.D.D meds or any other crap doctors prescribe for them. The only way they should take anything is if it is absolutely necessary. 

One of the subjects that the movie kept bringing up is that the use of "performance enhancement" drugs is cheating. I don't know how true that is.  Is it unmoral? Is it cheating? etc. All these questions can only be answered by the individual.  It all depends on your perspective. It appears to make you bigger and stronger, but I have also seen people with some freaky genetics that gives them an advantage. Should we band genetic freaks from sports because they are better? I bet you if they came up with a drug that made people taller, there would be a line of people waiting to buy it. We purchase stuff that makes hair grow, is that unfair to bald guys like myself. The list of opinions and arguments can go on and on with this issue. But it all hides the bigger underlying issue in my opinion. 

The larger and understated issue is that we place way to much trust and admiration in our pro athletes. We expect them to be unflawed and model citizens. We want them to show our kids the right way to behave. We want them to be something they are not meant to be. Their job is to play sports and entertain the masses' not to teach us how to live our life. They are not suppose to raise our kids for us. I know many people may feel different and that is ok to. I just feel that I don't let Barry Bonds decisions in life effect me at all. I remember in the movie Bronx Tale when Sunny told C about Mickey Mantle. He said that Mickey Mantle doesn't pay your bills or put food on your table, so why should you care about him. 

 I guess the point I am trying to make is that we are so quick to judge our pro athletes. We need to see them for what they are and not make them out to be better or worse then everyone else.  We can't be mad at them for taking supplements when so many americans are on some kind of pill themselves. Make up your own mind. Be a leader. Look inside and decide for yourself. There is so much more that I would want to say on this topic but I will stop here.  I look forward to hearing what others have to say but I will not change my opinion on the topic. After all , at the end of the day it is My opinion and I am entitled to it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the NEXT STEP

Taking the NEXT STEP!! Im sure we have all reached a  point in our lives where we know its time to take that next step, next level, begin the next chapter in our life. It is by far  one of the scariest times for all of us. The point where we realize everything we have ever done has led us to THIS! This is our moment to shine and like Eminem says, " You only get one shot, do not miss your chance blow. Opportunity comes once in a life.".  The one scary thing is, you know after THIS moment, nothing will ever be the same.  Once you cross THIS line, you can not go back.  THIS is it and the pressure is on. They say, "Pressure bust pipes, but It can also make diamonds.", only you can decide what it does to you.  We all get to THIS moment, but few rise to the occasion. Few feel the fear and keep walking forward.  You can either step into greatness or step back into comfort.  Many will choose to step down and let THIS moment pass them by. Once they do that, the rest of t

Positive Attracts Positive

Ever hang around some negative people or in a negative environment? How did you feel during and after you had left? Did you feel drained of energy and just not happy about the situation you were currently in? Guess what.. your attitude, drive and passion effects others around you. If you create that positive energy and always surround yourself with positive, upbeat, driven people, you can only find more success in life. Being surrounded by my Flo Family along with everyone else such as Patrick Lerouge (www.revivetm.com) or Paul Newell (www.balancedwellness.org), I started to see my true potential and what I am truly capable of. They bring out the best in me because of their positive energy. They believe I can do it and push me to my limits. Even when I feel so uncomfortable with doing something, such as speaking in front of a group... they pushed me knowing that I could do it. I would have never seen myself get this far into my career without the Flo Family. I have learned so much, m

Are you brave enough for a COLD SHOWER?

Why I Take Cold Showers And You Should Too For the past three years I’ve taken a cold shower almost every single day. You might think I’m crazy and at first; trust me, at first I thought I was too. But hold your judgment, hear me out, give it a try and then you can thank me. What are the benefits of cold showers? 1.     Improve Mood A 2007 study looked at how cold showers affected people with depression. Here is what the authors of the study hypothesized: “Exposure to cold is known to activate the sympathetic nervous system and increase the blood level of beta-endorphin and noradrenaline and to increase synaptic release of noradrenaline in the brain as well. Additionally, due to the high density of cold receptors in the skin, a cold shower is expected to send an overwhelming amount of electrical impulses from peripheral nerve endings to the brain, which could result in an anti-depressive effect.” The study ended up finding that cold showers of 2-3 minutes helpe